The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Sunday, May 26, 2013

London Days 19 & 20: Portobello Road, and A Midsummer Night's Dream

I really do love this city so much. On Saturday we went to Portobello Road again and did some more shopping. We looked at more antiques, which is so much fun, had some Chicken Paella, which was really really good, I bought a bracelet, and we just enjoyed the abundance of interesting things to look at.

That night we went to the Globe to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. we got in line two hours early to make sure we would be able to stand right up next to the stage. We had a perfect view of the show, and it really was amazing. Probably one of the very best theater experiences of my life. The show was absolutely hilarious, wonderfully designed and acted. I honestly think it was just about perfect. I really couldn't think of anything to complain about.  I looked online for pictures of this production but couldn't find any, which is lame, but just trust me when I say this show was amazing. Both shows that Ive seen at the Globe were pretty mind blowing. I am really excited to go to Stratford in a few weeks and compare them to the royal Shakespeare company.


Sunday was great as well. we went to church, which was great. I love the ward here so much. I cant even explain it. the people are just amazing and I love going there.

and I guess thats it! it really has been an amazing few days, even if I didnt have much to say, or any pictures to show for it. all thats left to do today is some packing because tomorrow, travel week begins!! People from the program are going to quite a few places, and Im going to spend the next 6 days in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment