The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Saturday, May 25, 2013

London Days 17 &18: One Man, Two Guvnors, St Paul's Cathedral, and afternoon tea





yet another great two days here in London! on Thursday, after a day of laundry and relaxing, we went to see One Man, Two Guvnors with the class. this show was absolutely hilarious, one of my favorites that I've seen in London.
the first act in particular was great, it had lots of audience participation and improve and was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen. 


Friday was also great. in the morning, we met the class at St. Pauls Cathedral where we toured around, and climbed to the top of the dome. hopefully this can give you an idea of what we did.

this is St. Paul's Cathedral:



This is where we climbed to:



This is what we saw:




It was such an amazing view of London. unfortunately it was freezing cold and raining, and I was once again reminded of my great fear of heights as we climbed all of the stairs inside the dome, but the view was worth it.

That afternoon we went and had tea and scones at the Orangery at Kensington Gardens. I learned that I really just don't like herbal tea, like at all. But it was fun to spend the afternoon in such a beautiful place.
The Orangery Restaurant

later that night, we got went and saw The Winslow Boy. its a play that only had a day or two until it closed so we decided to get tickets if we could. it was a well done show. the story wasn't my favorite of everything we have seen, but it was a very realistic play and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment