The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

London: Days 13 &14: Harrods, Hyde Park, and The Audience

So I really cant believe I have already been here for two weeks! My time here has gone by so quickly, but it also seems like its been so long since I left Provo.

Sunday was great. it was stake conference so we all went to church in the same building where we have class. it was a great meeting, and my roommates spent the rest of the day hanging out, taking the opportunity of a free day to do absolutely nothing. Ive got to say it was definitely some much needed rest.

Monday was awesome too. After class, a group of us went to a place called Creamery Creperie in south Kensington, right down the street from where we have class. At this heavenly place I think I ate one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted: a strawberries and cream crepe that was literally too amazing to describe.

After that amazing experience a few of us went to Harrods, a huge high end department store not too far away from where we live. this place was enormous! there were all sorts of restaurants in it, an entire floor for clothes, a room just designated to pens, this place was crazy, and there were definitely some really gorgeous clothes.

Next, my roomate and I FINALLY made it across the street to Hyde park. Its sort of sad that we live right across the street from one of the prettiest places in London and it took us two weeks to go, but Im glad I finally did. The park is absolutely gorgeous.




That night we went to go see a play called The Audience. It was a great play about the weekly meeting of the queen and prime minister. No one knows exactly what is said in these meetings, but the play write took this idea and ran with it, giving us scenes from different times in the life of Queen Elizabeth II, and the different prime ministers England has had in the past 60 or so years. It was a great play. Helen Mirren played the queen and did so great. over all I loved the show, but felt that I didn't appreciate it as much as I would if I was British. some of the jokes definitely went over my head. Plus I was crashing from an all day sugar high (literally all I ate all day was desserts) during the second act, so I think I missed a little of what was going on in the end. but despite that, it was a great show, and a great few days in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment