The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

London Days 40-42: my last few days in London

I cant believe today is my last day in London! the past few days havn't been too exciting. Mostly full of packing and finals, but we did manage to do a few fun things.

Sunday I went to church, and that was about it. we mostly just hung out and relaxed back at the flats for the day.

On Monday I took my  Shakespeare final. and other than mixing up a quote, (in my defense, both Hamlet and King Lear are about people going mad) It went well. Strangely enough I actually sort of enjoyed it. This really was one of my favorite classes I've ever taken, and it was really cool to be able to take the final and remember all of the shows we have seen and things we have talked about. After that my roommates and I walked down the road, and ate way too much sugar before heading home and doing the take home portion of our final. After that, and a little bit of packing, my roommate and I went to the covent garden markets and looked around, grabbed some dinner, and went over to the national to see Strange Interlude. It was a super long show, and wasn't my very favorite, but I enjoyed it. the concept of the script was sort of cool because the characters would stop and talk to the audience mid sentence and go back to talking to each other. And it had some pretty sweet scene changes. It was great to be able to catch one last show in London and to say goodbye to the National theater!



On Tuseday we had our Contemporary British Theater final. we were split into groups, and each group chose a scene from One Man Two Guvnors and had to interpret it in a new way. It was a really fun final actually. we had a good time, got to be creative and watch the other groups perform. After that we came home and did a lot of packing and cleaning. after that we went to Hampstead, which is an area we had ever been to before. It is a beautiful town, with a huge park. its more of a forest than a park. we had a fun time exploring, getting lost, and frolicking in meadows.



then we came home, did the rest of the packing and cleaning we needed to do, we will probably go get one last milkshake from Byrons later, and then that's it! tomorrow we leave. Its a little crazy to think about and is barely sinking in...keep an eye our for my final London Blog post tomorrow when I wrap up my trip, and talk about what I learned and say all of the sentimental stuff!



1 comment:

  1. You said "mad". I think you've been in England a little too long.

    ReplyDelete