The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Poetry Project

Ok, so I'm not exactly a poetry person normally, but Ms Powell has us do this project whenever we study poetry. its a poetry anthology, where we choose some of our favorite poems that we have studied and we do some sort of artistic representation of it. I love doing this project because by the end of Ms Powells poetry units I usually totally love the poetry we have gone over. For my anthology I chose a few of Shakespeare's sonnets, and a couple poems by Sir Thomas Wyatt the elder.


I absolutely love all of these poems, but I think Shakespeare's sonnet 116 is my favorite, I even memorized it. it is a pretty awesome description of love...and I just love it. Forget not yet is my other favorite. its actually really sad, but an amazing poem too. So I don't know, maybe I don't really hate poetry, I guess I just need to take the time to actually read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment