The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Noises Off Opening Weekend

The Friday of opening night I stayed at school for about 15 hours I think. As soon as I was done with school I went right in to making sure backstage was all set up as well as the set. Opening night was crazy, there were quite a few people there and all the cast members were pretty nervous. But once the play started there was no going back. During the first two acts I honestly felt sort of like i was watching a train wreck. lines were messed up, sound was messed up, I just didn't know exactly what to do to help. But by the time The third act started I knew there was not much else I could do. When the play finally ended I know most of the cast members felt a little defeated, but we had a great audience who said that they didn't notice anything, and that the play was amazing.

The second night of the play was tons better, although there were not many people there to watch it. Everyone was done stressing and the play went a lot more smoothly. plus I was not on book reading along while the cast was on stage, which made me feel a lot better.

After we cleaned up all of the cast and crew went to IHOP, a Ben Holt Drama Department tradition. I got home at midnight, happy to finally be able to sleep after such a crazy night.


No comments:

Post a Comment