The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Noises Off Dress Rehersal

So I'm finally doing my first post! I've been waiting for something worthwhile to write about and now I have it! Today was the dress rehearsal for my school's production of Noises Off, which i am the stage manager of. Although rehearsal was long (3:00 to 8:00) and there were a few hilarious mess ups...like a doorknob incident...some laughter on stage...and some crazy hair, it reminded my why I enjoy theater so much. After all of the rehearsals and memorizing and stressing and craziness, its all finally coming together and has been worth it all. I'm still not completely sure why i love it all so much...maybe its the stress, being a part of a tight knit group, or the creative process...but whichever it is, there is a feeling that you get when you are backstage that is totally unique and impossible to describe. Tomorrow is opening night and although part of me is still stressing about it all...i just cant wait to be backstage tomorrow night with all of the cast members.

In other exciting news....the musical being put on next semester is Aida! which I am so excited to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment