The blog of one girl's quest to figure out what she wants to do with her life and what she is passionate about as she travels through college and beyond

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I couldn't be happier

So i am currently on a field trip to one of my favorite places in the world...new york! I first heard about it in my sewing class last semester. The school of family life takes this trip every year and we get to visit quite a few places that have to do with fashion, costume design, and interior design.I'm back in the hotel after a day and a half of walking around manhattan and I am so tired! We landed at JFK at about 3 yesterday got on a bus and came to the hotel which is about 20 steps away from times square! We are surrounded by theaters which is so awesome. Like there are literally two right outside the front door of our hotel. After a night of shopping and walking around times square we went to bed and got up early to go to church today. I took the subway for the first time! Which wasn't really scary at all. After church we met up with our tour guide and went to battery park, the statue of liberty, Ellis island, and the 9/11 memorial. It was pouring all day and we walked so much we are all exhausted. So after resting for a little while in our room my mom and I got some dinner at this tiny pizza place next to the hotel which had really amazing pizza and cannoli too!

No comments:

Post a Comment